ACTIVE/PASSIVE HARMONIC FILTERS
Harmonic Filters are being used for optimization of power quality issues.Three-phase harmonic filters are shunt elements that are used in power systems for decreasing voltage distortion and for power factor correction. Nonlinear elements such as power electronic converters generate harmonic currents or harmonic voltages, which are injected into the power system.
- To reduce harmonics and improve power factor of UPS, rectifiers, AC & DC drives etc.
- Eliminate / Reduce harmonics in voltage & current waveforms.
- Better utilization of distribution transformer & generator
- Improve power factor.
- They may be programed to eliminate harmonics with or without compensation of reactive power.
- Reduce harmonic power losses.
- Increases efficiency, capacitor life, PF, uptime.
- Combinations of the above.
- Improves reliability of the electrical system, reduces cable and transformer losses.
- Easy design procedure
- To reduce energy cost.
- Act as reactive power compensators
- Cheap configurations per harmonic
- Textile Industries
- Automotive Industry
- Cement industries
- Railway Traction substations
- Welding Machines
- Lifts, port cranes
- Metal & Steel Industry
- Educational Institution
- Oil and gas industry
- Pulp and Paper industry
- Plastic moulding industries
- Data Centers and IT-facilities
- Offices and high rise buildings
- Metro stations
- Shopping Malls