FIRE SAFETY AUDIT
- Fire Safety Audit of Manufacturing Plants
- Fire Safety Audit of Commercial and residential Buildings
- Fire Safety Audit of Hospitals, Malls, Hotels, Banks etc.
Fire Safety Audit is a useful tool. Fire Safety Audit is essentially an inspection of a non-residential premises to ascertain how it is being managed with regards to fire safety. The audit is an examination of the premises and relevant documents to ascertain how the premises are being managed regarding fire safety and can also involve speaking to staff members to learn their level of fire safety awareness.
Benefits of Fire Safety Audit:
Fire Safety audits enable the organizations to address the issues by identifying the following:
- Identify all significant fire hazards.
- Identify the people who are at risk from each hazard.
- Evaluate if existing control measures reduce risk to a tolerable level.
- Determine the required additional control measures required.
- Availability of adequate means of escape from the premises in case of fire.
- Availability of suitable fire detection and firefighting facilities.
- Availability of suitable emergency plan detailing responsibilities and actions of key personnel.
- Training, information and instruction to all occupants of premises about fire safety.
- Upkeep and testing of all fire safety equipment and precautions.
The necessary following documentation we may ask to see as evidence.
- A fire risk assessment.
- Emergency evacuation plans for the premises (what to do in the event of a fire).
- Records of fire drills (who, when).
- Staff fire safety training (what training).
- List of dangerous substances in the premises.
- Preventative measures regarding fire.
- Fire safety maintenance checklist (what is checked, by who, and when)
- Record of fire prevention systems (alarms, sprinklers etc.) have been adequately tested.
- Protective measures regarding fire.
- Fire safety arrangements and policy detailing who is responsible for different fires safety measures.
- Document detailing protocol for evacuation in the event of a fire.
FIRE AUDIT WORKING AREA
- FIRE HAZARD IDENTIFICATION
- FIREFIGHTING SYSTEM
- PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION
- FIRE DETECTION AND ALARM SYSTEM
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- EMERGENCY LIGHTING
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT & LIFE SAFETY SYSTEM
- PROTECTION OF HAZARDS
- GAS SUPPRESSION SYSTEM
- EMERGENCY LIGHTING
- PROTECTION OF VERTICAL OPENINGS
- INTERIOR FINISH
- OCCUPANT LOAD & EXITS
- SPECIAL PROTECTION
- BUILDING UTILITIES
- OPERATING FEATURES
- EGRESS ARRANGEMENT